Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's Hard Being Your Own Record Label


I've been going non-stop working on the release of my new album. Sometimes your body can't take all the stress. The other day I blacked out for the first time in my life. I went to the hospital and they ran all kinds of tests on me. They took a sample of my blood, gave me a complete physical, CAT scan and chest x-ray. They didn't find anything wrong. The doctor asked me "Have you been under more stress than usual?" I told him that I have been answering emails and calls, interviewing, researching, approving proofs of photos, album and website layouts, meeting with my manager & publicist, choosing a digital & physical distributor, running my social networking sites, blogging, composing, shooting a music video & a documentary, practicing, performing, producing, and recording. It was at that moment when I realized I needed to find time to breathe. I love music but not more than I love myself. If you don't have your health you don't have anything. I've been trying to take it easy but it is hard. There is always so much that needs to be done. No one in their right mind would take on all these tasks unless they had a pure love for what they are doing. The ability to touch people's souls is a gift that I don't take for granted. I truly believe if you work hard and stay focused you can accomplish anything. I'm really looking forward to sharing "The Cycle of Love" with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment