Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Java Jazz Festival 2010 Jakarta, Indonesia



My trip to Indonesia was an unforgettable experience! I got back to NY yesterday morning. I'm just now recovering from jet lag. The flight from New York to Jakarta is 20hrs. I performed two shows with my group The Maurice Brown Effect. We played some original songs from the new album "The Cycle of Love" and some fan favorites from my debut Hip to Bop. Jakarta's reaction to us was great! People were dancing to the music. Some of the other names that performed include John Legend, Toni Braxton, Eric Benet, Roy Hargrove, Christian McBride, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Alexandra Sherling, Bob Jams, Brian Lynch, Donald Harrison, David Murray and more. I think one of the best things about the Java jazz Festivals were the late night jam sessions. It's not every day you can have so many talented people in one room. At any given night you could spot anyone of the performers hanging in the audience or jamming on stage. We were playing until they shut us down every night! I'm already booked for next year. Looking forward to Java Jazz Festival 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment